Monday, March 16, 2009

Something Blue

I don't want a garter. Gasp! I know, I know, its a timeless tradition, blah blah blah. The idea of a garter and throwing it just seems dated to me. Although it used to be one of my favorite parts at weddings, I haven't seen anyone do it at the last couple of weddings I've been to and I didn't really miss it. To be honest, me and the Mr. just aren't garter throwing people. The problem I see in all of this is that I always figured my something blue would be on my garter, and now that I'm against all things garter (except the garter belt) I need to come up with something else that has my something blue.

I thought about maybe having my blue sewed into a part of my dress. The Mr. can sew so if I asked him to I'm sure he would do it and it would make my dress that much more special. I also thought about wearing these sapphire earrings I get compliments on everytime I wear them but quickly nixed that idea because I really want to wear my mothers diamond earrings as my something borrowed.

Then I made a polyvore board. Oh yes, I love playing around with it all. Did it give me any inspiration?- No, but again, it is pretty and that's all that matters. Actually, I really like the guys shoes pictured but I wont recommend them to the Mr. because they would clash with our colors. Something Blue
Something Blue - by jossyjos on Polyvore.com

I am going today to drop off my 2nd engagement ring so a band can be made. It is going to be a black diamond eternity band, but maybe I'll add a sapphire or two in there to give it that something blue. If not this, then maybe the Mr.'s blue eyes will satisfy that requirement.

What is your something blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment