Sunday, March 1, 2009

If they lived to be 100, it still wouldn't be enough


The title of my post is a paraphrase of a comment I saw on a news story about Michelle and Barack Obama's affection for each other. I tried to find the comment but couldn't- it was posted at least 4 months ago, but the commenter basically said that the way they look at each other makes you think that even if they lived to 100, it still wouldn't be enough time. I love that. It makes me think of me and the Mr.

I can't help but be inspired by Michelle and Barack and their family dynamic. Even with all the hoopla they seem incredibly grounded. And don't even get me started on those beautiful girls! I'm like mama bear when it comes to those girls and I don't even know them. "Don't nobody talk bad about them Obama girls. Nobody"

I love the way they treat each other. Unlike other politicans, Barack looks at his wife when she speaks and she him. They treat each other as equals. Regardless of which end of the spectrum you are on, you have to take notice of the fact that this is what true real love looks like. I hope someone sees that in us one day.

What famous relationships inspire you?

No comments:

Post a Comment