Saturday, February 28, 2009

Once you go black....

You never go back, yeah yeah yeah- I've heard that one before. In fact, I am a strong supporter of going black in almost everything- shoes, dresses, bags, men, hair color, you name it, but would you go black with your wedding dress? A friend of mine recently brought up black wedding dresses as a trend. I thought she was joking. I mean, I've considered a light colored pink dress or even a peach, but black? I wear black to weddings all the time, but I dont think I could do it if I was the bride! Wouldn't I look like I was going to a funeral?

I did a little research and was suprised by the results- she wasn't joking! This is an actual trend. Designers debuted black dresses in Paris last year and I guess black was a common wedding color pre-1840. Before that time brides chose colored dresses- usually black but that all changed in 1840 when Queen Victoria got married in a white dress.

Considering it, I don't think a) I could pull it off and b) that my mother would let me do it.

If you want to incorporate black into your wedding day without going all the way with a black dress there are a couple things you can do like wearing black gloves, a black veil, black nail polish, or dying your crinoline black instead. As for me, well I plan on having my wedding band made with black diamonds.

Would you ever wear a black dress? Are you incorporating black into your wedding day?

Photos: 1)Photo by Jessica Claire as featured on blueorchidblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment